Buffalo, NY, March 27, 2020
Utilant, the Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance industry’s premier loss control survey management SaaS platform, is ensuring loss control surveys continue during the COVID-19 crisis.
Effective immediately, customers and prospects can get access to Utilant's Loss Control 360 (LC360) Self-Survey Module with module deployment and configuration fees waived through May 31, 2020, and companies only paying for survey transactions that are successfully completed by the insured/agent inside of LC360. This allows loss control professionals to continue to do business at a time when direct interaction and onsite visits may not be possible.
“We are pivoting our organization to meet both the long-term and immediate needs of loss control vendors and carriers,” said Pat Davis, CEO at Utilant. “The current situation in NY, PA, CA, WA, and other states has effectively made completing loss control visits impossible. We need to bridge that gap to keep our customers’ businesses moving during these times and will do everything in our power to make sure we are there to help them through this.”
Utilant has realigned nearly all internal product and development resources to immediately bring this offering to market, realizing that face-to-face visits will become increasingly more difficult over the coming months.
About Loss Control 360 Self-Survey:
- Self-Survey enables you to continue to gather vital information about the risks you cover by means of a step-by-step workflow that guides the insured or agent to complete their own survey, upload photos, upload documents, and fill out form data.
- Users can perform the entire self-survey from their mobile device without installing an app, which is ideal for this simple, one-time process.
- LC360’s Self-Survey module has been under development since late Summer 2019 and went live in February 2020.
With varying state, national, and international restrictions because of COVID-19, Utilant is equipping loss control professionals with the ability to obtain information needed to continue surveying risks even if there is no ability to travel to the risk (or access is restricted to the exterior).
Along with Self-Survey, Utilant is unveiling a new product, Guide Stream 360, to further enable the self-service and virtual inspection market by equipping the risk control teams at our carriers and vendors. Guide Stream 360 will be available with integration into Loss Control 360 by early May 2020.
About Guide Stream 360:
- Guide Stream 360 enables our customer's loss control professionals to mentor the policyholder or agent through the process of gathering onsite information about the risks that will be covered.
- Guide Stream 360 creates a real-time video session between the two parties. The loss control professional can see everything the policyholder sees as well as direct them to get a more detailed look at any risk where additional information is needed.
- GPS data and still photos are gathered throughout the session and simultaneously annotated by the mentoring consultant.
The recorded Guide Steam 360 video is maintained for posterity and further analysis.
- Guide Stream 360 is fully integrated with Loss Control 360 and does not require the installation of an app on the mobile device.
Pairing LC360's Self-Survey and Guide Stream 360 offerings with additional virtual survey information available through the tools available in LC360 will enable carriers and vendors to conduct their workflow in a modified but effective way.
“As we manage through this unprecedented global situation together, Utilant remains firmly committed to enabling insurers to continue underwriting P&C risks at a time when physical visits are not possible,” said Michael Cichowski of Aquiline Technology Growth and member of Utilant‘s Board of Directors.
Utilizing these virtual survey tools is highly encouraged during the coming months to both enable business to be conducted as usual and keep workloads manageable when social distancing begins to subside as the insurance industry ramps production back up once this initial period has passed.
Read the press release here
About Utilant and Loss Control 360
Utilant’s Loss Control 360 is the best-in-class loss control survey management Platform for P&C insurance and survey/risk engineering companies, establishing its position as the hub for connecting insurance carrier core systems, vendor survey firms, and InsurTechs to comprehensively transform the global insurance industry workflow. The solution supports Commercial, Personal, and Specialty lines, and is deployed via a SaaS model. Utilant’s Loss Control 360 platform is used by leading Insurers and top vendor survey companies around the world. The Loss Control 360 platform automates the survey and service processes for carriers. It scores risks for an efficient underwriting process across all lines of commercial and residential business. A typical implementation provides positive ROI within the first year. For more information, visit www.losscontrol360.com.